Latest info from the Government and MHRA on the possible link between AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots:
The Covid-19 vaccination programme in North East London:
The Covid-19 vaccination programme in north east London has given over ONE MILLION vaccinations and counting. Thank you to everyone who has helped us achieve this and to everyone who has come forward to be vaccinated.
Time to book your vaccine
If you are over 40 you can book your vaccine using the national booking system. The vaccines are free, safe and effective at offering you protection from serious illness.
Delivering the vaccination programme
Locally, we are currently vaccinating people in priority groups 1 to 9.
If you are:
- aged 70 or above or clinically extremely vulnerable (high risk)and have not had your first vaccination and haven’t been booked in yet, please contact your GP
- a resident or work in a care home for older adults and haven’t had your first vaccine and aren’t booked in for one, please contact your manager
- a frontline health and social care worker, please book on the national booking system or contact your manager or book using the staff booking system applicable in your organisation
- aged 50-69 please book using the national booking system, wait to get a letter from the NHS or you will be contacted by your GP.
- aged 16-64 and clinically vulnerable (moderate risk) or you are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or if you are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill, please wait for your GP or council to contact you.
Important: The vaccine only provides protection if you are vaccinated.
For more information please read the frequently asked questions about the vaccine here.
Beware of scams
To protect yourself and your family members from fraud and criminals, remember the following points:
- The vaccine is only available on the NHS for free to people in priority groups, and the NHS will contact you when it is your turn.
- The NHS will never ask for payment or bank details to confirm or book your vaccine.
- Right now we are not making house calls to deliver or discuss the vaccine. Anyone offering this now is probably committing a crime.
You can help
As your local NHS works hard to deliver the vaccination programme for north east London please remember that you have an important part to play:
- please don’t contact us to seek a vaccine, we will contact you;
- when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments;
- and please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
It is really important that you make sure you stay safe and follow guidance on washing hands, covering your face and keeping your distance from other people. Your NHS services are really stretched at the moment, we need to you to protect yourself, your family, friends and others, and your NHS.
This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we cannot let down our guard. By working together today, tomorrow and every day going forward we will take another step on the path back to normal life.